Monday, January 16, 2012

CONAN recognises a man from the smell of his hair.

Our hero finds himself creeping in total darkness through the catacombs beneath the house of the Red Priest. He bumps into and recognise Murilo, the young nobleman who earlier helped him escape the cities dungeon by using  his superhuman sense of smell.
"How did you recognize me in this blackness?" He demanded.
"I smelled the perfume you put on your hair when you came to my cell." answered Conan. I smelled it again a while ago, when I was crouching in the dark preparing to rip you open."
Murilo put lock of his black hair to his nostrils; even so the scent was barely apparent to his civilised senses, and he realised how keen must be the organs of the barbarian.
From, "Rogues in the House"
Page 197. "The Complete Chronicles of CONAN"

No comments:

Post a Comment