Tuesday, January 10, 2012

QUOTABLE CONAN Day one...



The CONAN stories...

I've been meaning to start reading them for years, especially after seing a friend's collection of crumpled old Conan paper backs with their glorious Frank Frazetta covers but I never seemed to get around to buying any of the books.

I have finally just jumped in and bought the nearly 900 page Conan-fest that is the "The Complete Chronicles of CONAN" in the hopes that it will bring some glory and a taste of steel to my bus journey to work every morning.

I'm only a few days in to this, and there have aready been so many truly glorious quotes that popping a Conan quote a day on my facebook just won't suffice.

Mainly hilarious brags and threats I guess, but to be fair, these alone make me smile enough to do this. Probably the frustrated academic in me is probably going to end up listing quotes that examine the works of Mr Howard in a number of lights.

Well if I can be arsed.

Mainly funny brags and threats then, but time permitting, maybe I'll pick out and catalogue some gems that might be of use to academics of the pulpier side of literature.

So heres to a work in progress...

Hopefully I'll be able to publish a couple of quotes a week minimum, as I plough through the rambling alpha male fantasies of a man who looked suspisciously like Al Capone!




BORING BIT:
All quotes will be referenced so you can find them and make sure I'm not making this all up. (not that anyone would lie on the internet of course)
All page numbers will refer to "The Complete Chronicles of CONAN" pictured above.

I'll have a think about how best to classify things as I go along and apply or whatever once I get more of a picture of how this is going.




No comments:

Post a Comment